A progressive and engaging Catholic education for your child as we strive for academic excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
St. Raphael’s is a Catholic primary school and an integral part of the West Preston Parish.
In partnership with our parents and Church, we promote and live the gospel values and celebrate our Catholic faith and tradition. We educate children to be confident, skilled and positive contributors to our world.
Inspired by the life of Jesus our patron St. Raphael and with our students at the centre of who we are and what we do, we foster positive relationships through:
At St. Raphael’s the learning and teaching is innovative and dynamic where children learn to be active and independent learners and socially responsible people.
We do this by:
- creating a culture where leadership is shared
- incorporating best practice and current education theories
- introducing change which is relevant, owned and planned
- fostering relationships with our broader community
We are committed to:
- Proclaiming our Catholic identity using ritual and symbol
- Exploring the gifts of our patron St. Raphael
- Developing an awareness and respect of other cultures and beliefs represented in our wider community
- Creating an environment where children feel safe, happy and supported
- Developing children spiritually, socially, physically, emotionally and academically
- Enabling children to grow in confidence and to have a strong sense of self
- Valuing lifelong learning for all members of our community
- Making school and learning fun
- Using technology to enhance the learning process
- Nurturing life-giving relationships between students, staff and families
- Respecting and caring for our world and its sustainable future
- Building a culture of leadership that permeates the whole school
- Staff working in a co-operative, supportive and open manner
- Gathering and acknowledge the collective wisdom