The Ethical Capability curriculum aims to develop knowledge, understandings and skills to enable students to:
- Analyse and evaluate ethical issues, recognising areas of contestability
- Identify the bases of ethical principles and ethical reasoning
- Engage with the challenges of managing ethical decision making and action for individuals and groups
- Cultivate open-mindedness and reasonableness.
Intercultural capability aims to develop knowledge, understandings and skills to enable students to:
- demonstrate an awareness of and respect for cultural diversity within the community
- reflect on how intercultural experiences influence attitudes, values and beliefs
- recognise the importance of acceptance and appreciation of cultural diversity for a cohesive community.
The Personal and Social Capability curriculum aims to develop knowledge, understandings and skills to enable students to:
- recognise, understand and evaluate the expression of emotions
- demonstrate an awareness of their personal qualities and the factors that contribute to resilience
- develop empathy for and understanding of others and recognise the importance of supporting diversity for a cohesive community
- understand how relationships are developed and use interpersonal skills to establish and maintain respectful relationships
- work effectively in teams and develop strategies to manage challenging situations constructively.
Critical and creative thinking capability aims to ensure that students develop:
- understanding of thinking processes and an ability to manage and apply these intentionally
- skills and learning dispositions that support logical, strategic, flexible and adventurous thinking
- confidence in evaluating thinking and thinking processes across a range of familiar and unfamiliar contexts.